CARLOAD WAYBILL STATISTICS BASED ON A SAMPLE OF WAYBILLS FOR TERMINATIONS IN THE YEAR 1974. TERRITORIAL DISTRIBUTION TRAFFIC AND REVENUE BY COMMODITY CLASSES
The statistics for this report have been compiled from a sample of audited revenue waybills submitted to the FRA by 77 railroads. The data regarding territorial distribution of railroad carload terminations have been compiled since 1972 utilizing a computer based Waybill Information Processing System (WIPS) developed under the direction of the Federal Railroad Administration. The statistics tabulated for 1974 were derived from a total of 150,692 waybills, 39,768 EM-5 documents and 1,248 multiple car statement documents resulting in 212,919 carloads. The waybill sample includes import, export, transit, rebilled, and piggyback (TOFC-trailer-on-flat-car) traffic. Excluded are shipments weighing less than 10,000 pounds and moving on less than carload rate or any quantity rates, and traffic originating in Mexico and Canada.
- See also PB-258 460.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 234 p.
- TRT Terms: Carloadings; Classification; Coding systems; Commodities; Computer programming; Data collection; Distance; Distributions (Statistics); Economic conditions; Exports; Freight transportation; Imports; Information systems; Origin and destination; Piggyback transportation; Railroad transportation; Rates; Regions; Statistics; Ultimate load design; Waybill samples
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Coding; Commodity statistics; Economic surveys; Limits; Rates costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00151155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/FRA/RPD-76/2 Statistics
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM