GENERAL AVIATION: AIRCRAFT, OWNER AND UTILIZATION CHARACTERISTICS. (1974 DATA)
The staff study presents and analyzes 1974 data obtained from a scientifically selected sample of general aviation (GA) aircraft owners. Statistics dealing with the distribution of the GA fleet by type of aircraft, nine primary use categories, regional representation, type of ownership, and age of aircraft are presented and discussed. Average and median family income statistics of GA aircraft owners are presented by the above criteria. The distribution of aircraft across the occupation of individual owners and the industry category for company owners is also presented. Cruising speed and avionics equipage data are analyzed across type of aircraft, primary use categories, and type of owner. Utilization statistics include mean and median total hours flown, local and itinerant flight hours, and instrument and visual hours flown. These utilization criteria are analyzed across type of aircraft, family income, primary use categories, and across regions.
Washington, DC USA 20591
- VAHOVICH, S G
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 210 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Civil aviation; Classification; Data collection; Demographics; Econometrics; General aviation aircraft; Households; Income; Ownership; Statistics; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00151129
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AVP-76-9
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM