STUDY OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AND ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE FROM CITY TRAFFIC - NOISE AND EXHAUST GASES
The first objective was to determine the emission load from vehicular exhaust gases. This partial objective was based primarily on the surveys of the Cologne emission register performed in the state of North Rhine - Westfalia. As a second objective, immission measurements were performed in selected streets of the city of Cologne. By using a computer analysis, the relation between vehicular emissions and the resulting immissions was determined, taking the various wind conditions into consideration. In the second part of the study, the costs of reducing the emissions of vehicles were determined by means of an inquiry in the automobile industry.
- Trans. of an unidentified German mono.
Environmental Protection AgencyTranslation Services Section
Res Triangle Park, NC USA 27709
- Plassman, I
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 205 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Analysis; Carbon monoxide; Cities; Cities and towns; Concentration (Chemistry); Correlation analysis; Costs; Environment; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Hydrocarbons; Measurement; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Pollution; Sulfur dioxide; Surveys; Traffic noise; Translations; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Sources
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Environmental surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00150962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-TR-102-75f
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM