LOS ANGELES REGIONAL TRAVEL TIME STUDY
The study relates the quality of transportation service as measured by travel time in the urban portions of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura Counties, California. Twenty-three centers scattered throughout the region are identified as the location of high trip origin and/or destination. Centers are the focal points for measuring travel time. Travel time radiating out of each center is displayed on isochronal maps and ray diagrams. A network map displays travel time on links connecting each center with other centers. Study information is compared with earlier studies of travel time in the region.
- Prepared in cooperation with Automobile Club of Southern California, Los Angeles. Highway Engineering Dept., and Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce, Calif.
Institute of Transportation Engineers1627 Eye Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC USA 20006
Automobile Club of Southern CaliforniaHighway Engineering Department, P.O. Box 2890
Los Angeles, CA USA 90051
Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce404 South Bixal
Los Angeles, CA USA 90026
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Diagrams; Level of service; Maps; Passenger terminals; Quality control; Surveying; Time; Travel; Travel time; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality; Services
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Route surveys
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00150959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM