FINAL REPORT, AUGUST 1, 1975-JUL 31, 1976
The report is the third in a series of final reports. The Eastern Connecticut Council works to analyze the current economic state and evaluate progress toward sound economic growth. The recovery of the region from the national recession has been strong primarily because of the dominance of capital goods production in the industrial base. Unemployment has declined in certain areas. The Council has contributed to the stabilization and stimulation of the area economy by assisting projects in investing in new industrial facilities. Jobs related to rail service have been saved largely through efforts of the Council to maintain and improve rail freight service. The Council objective is to assist industrial expansion and new industrial locations so that young people entering the labor force will have job opportunities.
Eastern Connecticut Development Council, IncorporatedYantic, CT USA
Economic Development AdministrationOffice of Technical Assistance
Washington, DC USA 20230
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Branch lines; Communities; Deployment; Economic development; Employment; Freight transportation; Highways; Labor relations; Organizations; Programming (Planning); Public relations; Railroad transportation; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; Subsidies; Technical assistance; Vocational guidance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial development; Recovery
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Vocational interests
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00150953
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-76-058 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EDA-01-6-00974-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM