THE PREDICTION OF SHIPYARD COSTS
This paper presents the function, operating methods, a few problems, and suggested solutions for the Estimator of a shipbuilding or ship repairing firm. Specifications and their effect on estimating are discussed. The advantages to operator and yard alike that may be obtained by using clear, simple and unambiguous specifications are mentioned. The possibilities of standardized nomenclature to assist in achieving these advantages are also reviewed.
- Presented at the North California Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Summers, L S
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cost estimating; Costs; Economic analysis; Estimating; Repairing; Shipbuilding; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Ship repair
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00032719
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM