NOTES ON SHIP DESIGN PROCEDURES
Prerequisites to a ship design, in the form of design environment factors, are considered in relation to a procedure for optimisation of design characteristics. Argument is given for increased communications throughout the industry, which can lead to efficiency in the ship design procedure. The application of the generalised optimisation technique to sensitivity, risk, feasibility and trade-off studies is discussed, with particular emphasis on the ease with which they can be performed.
- Presented at the Hawaii Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Fisher, K W
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- TRT Terms: Constraints; Design; Naval architecture; Risk analysis; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design constraints; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00032718
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM