COMRADE - THE COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN ENVIRONMENT PROJECT: AN INTRODUCTION
The Computer-Aided Design Environment (COMRADE) Project investigates advances in computer technology and exploits these advances through development of an evolving computer system which facilitates development and operation of integrated computer-aided design systems. The motivation provided by the Navy's Computer-Aided Ship Design and Construction (CASDAC) effort, and the influence exerted on the design of the COMRADE system by the requirements of the Integrated Ship Design System (ISDS), are discussed. An overview of the COMRADE software and brief descriptions of its three component systems--the COMRADE Executive, the COMRADE Data Management System and the COMRADE Design Administration System--are included.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Rhodes, T R
- Gorham, WCJ
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Computer programming; Computer programs; Computers; Information processing; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00150781
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-76-0001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM