PREDICTION OF SHIP RESPONSES IN LONG-CRESTED IRREGULAR WAVES (COMPUTER PROGRAM SRIW)
Current techniques for the prediction of ship motions in long-crested irregular waves are discussed. Format is provided for use of computer program SRIW which applies the method of linear superposition to regular-waves transfer functions obtained from experimental data or analytical predictions. Irregular wave spectra used are 323 point spectra measured at Station India in the North Atlantic and/or a series of mathematical spectra involving six parameters recently developed by Ochi. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Hubble, E N
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Forecasting; Mathematical models; Ocean waves; Power spectra; Random variables; Ship motion; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Irregular waves; Long wavelengths; Ship response
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00150757
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-730-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM