TRANSPORTATION FOR OLDER AMERICANS - 1976. PROGRESS, PROSPECTS AND POTENTIALS
The report summarizes experiences in the period since 1974 with the provision of services for the elderly and handicapped. The report is based on information and data provided by state agencies on aging and witnesses interviewed throughout the country. Major emphasis is placed on funding, coordination and project operations. The report develops estimates of the number of projects and level of funding of transportation services for the elderly under major federal programs, and identifies coordination barriers as spelled out by the witnesses interviewed and by cooperating state agencies on aging.
Institute of Public Administration,
Administration on Aging300 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20203
- Revis, J
- Revis, B
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Coordination; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Finance; Financing; Level of service; Persons with disabilities; Project management; State government; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Services; Transportation management
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00150549
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IPA-A0A-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DHEW-AOA-93-57405
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1981 12:00AM