RIGHT-TURN-ON-RED. VOLUME II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Contents: Findings (RTOR rules and state inventory, Safety aspects of RTOR, RTOR utilization, RTOR delay savings, Fuel savings and auto emission reductions, Driver and pedestrian attitudes towards RTOR, Legal aspects of RTOR, Law-enforcement aspects of RTOR, Signing aspects of RTOR); Recommendation for a national RTOR policy; Recommended guidelines for prohibiting RTOR; Signing recommendations (Sign message, Variable-time regulations, Sign installation, Other signing recommendations, Sign message research); Recommended MUTCD changes (2B-35 Traffic signal signs, 4B-5 Meaning of signal indications, 4B-21 Traffic signals near grade crossings, 4D-7 Pedestrian intervals and phases); Other recommendations (RTOR accident reporting and investigation, Modifications to state driver's manuals, Driver education for RTOR).
- See also Volume 1, PB-262 255. Prepared in cooperation with KLD Associates, Inc., Huntington, N.Y.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY United States 11725-5717
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McGee, H W
- Stimpson, W A
- Cohen, J
- King, G F
- Morris, R F
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Crash investigation; Data collection; Exhaust gases; Field tests; Fuel consumption; Guidelines; Highway traffic control; Law enforcement; Right turn on red; Simulation; Traffic delays; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety; Traffic signals
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00150487
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 90 Final Rpt., FCP 31A1-544
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8251
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM