NEW STANDARD BUS EQUIPMENT: URBAN CONSORTIUM INFORMATION BULLETIN
This is one of eight information bulletins developed on pressing transportation problems for the Urban Consortium for Technology Initiatives. The bulletin provides an overview of issues associated with procuring and operating buses. Specific areas covered include the role of low floors, standardization, costs and benefits, special design features for handicapped and elderly users, innovation and competition, and different bus sizes.
- Prepared for Urban Consortium for Technology Initiatives. Transportation Task Force.
Public Technology, Incorporated1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- French, B I
- Hurd, W
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Benefit cost analysis; Buses; Costs; Design; Equipment; Persons with disabilities; Standardization; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00150479
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-6 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60076
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM