1975 AUTOMOTIVE CHARACTERISTICS DATA BASE
A study of automobile characteristics as a supportive tool for auto energy consumption, fuel economy monitoring, and fleet analysis studies is presented. This report emphasizes the utility of efficient data retrieval methods in fuel economy analysis, statistical data reporting, and fleet mix analysis. The methods of vehicle sample selection, computation methods for statistical reports, illustrative output examples, and instructions for operating the data base are presented in order to fully represent the 1975 automobile fleet characteristics. A statistics section contains information that is useful in econometric modeling and the determination of automobile design characteristics.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rouse, M
- Basham, W
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Data collection; Databases; Dimensional analysis; Econometric models; Fleet management; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Histograms; Information retrieval; Manufacturing; Prices; Production; Statistical analysis; Tables (Data); Transmissions; Vehicle design; Vehicle drive systems; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Dimensional measurement; Motor vehicle drive systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00150473
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-27 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM