INFORMATION EXCHANGE ON TRANSIT ISSUES
This report provides an overview of major issues involved in the compilation and dissemination of experience on transit issues. The increasing deficit and added complexity of transit options open make sharing of transit information even more critical. Participants in the sharing process can include federal agencies, regional planning bodies, and general-purpose and functional program officials of state, county, and local government. Mechanisms open include direct consultation, tailored documents and seminars, needs determination exercises, special user mechanisms, training courses, and demonstrations. A list of general considerations for the design of information exchange programs is also included.
Department of TransportationOffice of Research and Development, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Paulhus Jr, N G
- Linhares, A B
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Documents; Federal government; Financing; Governments; Information organization; Information systems; Local government; Management; Meetings; Passenger transportation; Planning; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Research projects; Specifications; State government; Technology transfer; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Information exchange; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Management methods; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00150467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-13 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1981 12:00AM