WAVE EQUATION ANALYSIS OF PILE DRIVING WEAP PROGRAM. VOLUME 1. BACKGROUND
This report is presented in four volumes. The first presents a general discussion of the use of the wave equation and how this particular program models the hammer-pile-soil system. Emphasis is placed on a discussion of the operation of diesel hammers and how that operation is modeled by WEAP. The second volume provides a description of program input and output and can serve as a user's manual for the program. It is strongly recommended that all users read Volume I prior to the User's Manual so that they will understand the assumptions contained in the program and how it is intended that it be used. The third volume was prepared to aid the computer operator during the initial stages of program and data file loading. It also contains a flow chart which may be of interest to those users who want to study the program in greater detail. The fourth volume contains the three parts of a lecture which is also available in the form of a tape/slide show. The contents of this narrative report deal with background, models and applications of the Wave Equation.
Goble and AssociatesCleveland Heights, OH United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Goble, G G
- Rausche, F
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearing capacity; Bearing piles; Computer programs; Concrete; Hammers; Manuals; Needs assessment; Pile driving; Piles (Supports); Properties of materials; Soils; Structural analysis; Wave equations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil properties; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete piles; Pile drivers; Pile structures; Wave equation formula
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00150463
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/IP-76-14.1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8830
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM