DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A PRESSURE RELIEVED GRAVING DOCK FOR BAY SHIPBUILDING CORPORATION, STURGEON BAY, WISCONSIN
Describes a recent patented type dock using the hydrostatic pressure relieved floor in which the floor thickness is designed to take only weights imposed upon it by the ship or the water when in the flooded condition. The uplift under the floor created by hydrostatic pressure is relieved by a subfloor drainage and pumping system, thus eliminating the necessity to design for hydrostatic uplift forces.
- Paper presented to Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of SNAME At Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, 20 May 1976.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Foster Jr, C J
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Drydocks; Maintenance equipment; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock construction; Drydock design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00150424
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM