GREAT LAKES LIFESAVING SYSTEMS: RECENT ANALYSIS, DEVELOPMENTS, AND REGULATIONS
Recent developments in lifeboat launching systems and developments in other survival gear will make it possible to significantly improve the lifesaving systems on Great Lakes vessels, and on other vessels as well. The Coast Guard has been participating in proving out new developments in survival equipment, and has kept abreast of developments in other countries. The Coast Guard's proposals for improvement of Great Lakes lifesaving equipment are detailed in a later section of this paper.
- Presented at the Great Lakes-Great River Section of SNAME, Aquamarie Lodge, Lorain, Ohio, 28 Oct 1976.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Markle Jr, R L
- Deck III, J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Life rafts; Lifeboats; Rescue equipment; Safety equipment; Search and rescue operations; Survival
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00150423
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM