MARINE ALUMINUM APPLICATIONS
This paper presents some of the aluminum data pertinent to the marine industry and provides some of the history of the development of suitable alloys. The relationship between chemical composition of the metal and its strength, corrosion resistance and weldability is discussed with possible application to the workboat segment.
- Presented to the Gulf Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Ridout, R A
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Aluminum alloys; Corrosion; Corrosion resistance; Materials selection; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Weldability
- Old TRIS Terms: Alloy corrosion behavior; Materials evaluation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00150419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM