STEEL SELECTION FOR MARINE STRUCTURES
This paper considers the selection of steels for various structures including offshore platforms, drill rigs and LNG ships. Explanation of general classificaiton terminology as well as specific qualities for more commonly used marine steels are given. Mechanical properties, lowest Charpy V-notch values and relative price factors of marine steels are presented in tabular form for the various steel specifications.
- Presented to the Gulf Section of SNAME, Houston, Texas.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Frisby, D L
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Materials selection; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore platforms; Ships; Steel; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials evaluation; Steel selection
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00150417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM