STANDARDIZATION IN THE FIELD OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN SHIPBUILDING
The paper emphasizes the urgent need for standardization of computer hardware and software elements in shipbuilding in order to arrive at a smaller assortment and at better communication. The programme of work of the "Sub-Committee 15" of the "Technical Committee 8" of the International Standardization Organization (ISO) is discussed and suggestions are given regarding the further activities of the Sub-Committee and its Working Groups.
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 8-11, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Krietemeijer, J H
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference.
- Location: Gothenburg , Sweden
- Date: 1976-6-8 to 1976-6-11
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 43-46
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Computers; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: North-Holland Publishing Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM