PRODUCT ORIENTED DATA BASE IN SHIPBUILDING
This paper discusses some problems in the shipbuilding area that must be considered by anybody developing systems involving man and computer. Special attention is paid to the so called technical production in which modern computer technology could be used more extensively. Specifically the data base concept is discussed to show the feasibility of the use, again with stress on the technical production where data base technique has not been used at all.
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 8-11, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Sperling, B
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference.
- Location: Gothenburg , Sweden
- Date: 1976-6-8 to 1976-6-11
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 35-42
- TRT Terms: Automation; Computers; Data processing; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141477
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: North-Holland Publishing Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM