COMMERCIALIZATION OF NATIONAL TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORT SYSTEMS OR MARKETING FOR REGIONAL TARGET GROUPS?
COMMERCIALISERING VAN LANDELIJKE VERVOERSYSTEMEN OF REGIONALE DOELGROEPEN MARKETING?
Public transport must compete in the future not only with the use of the car, but also with teleworking, teleshopping and other aggressive parties in the market. To convert these threats in chances an aggressive and enterprising marketing management will be necessary. More insight into and interference with the passengers is wanted. Public transport companies should give more attention to the different segments of the market, such as regional areas, and to approach the integrated target groups. To continue or to improve the employment in the sector it is necessary for Product-Market-Combinations (PMC) to be developed from specific mobility needs, taking into account all aspects of the marketing mix. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 884093.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- VAN VROENHOVEN, APM
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: p. 349-58
- TRT Terms: Administration; Conferences; Digital computers; Improvements; Marketing; Mobility; Networks; Policy; Public transit; Quality control; Regions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality; Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8525: Conference; 8673: Digital computer; 9108: Improvement; 277: Marketing; 9105: Mobility (pers); 8078: Netherlands; 1054: Network (traffic); 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 9063: Quality; 378: Region
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00729586
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM