INTEGRATION HOEKSE TRANSPORT-LINE INTO THE METRO OF ROTTERDAM: PERSPECTIVE OR ILLUSION?
INTEGRATIE HOEKSE LIJN - METRO ROTTERDAM: PERSPECTIEF OF ILLUSIE?
An integration from the railway from the city of Hoek van Holland to Rotterdam into the public transport network of Rotterdam can add to an improvement of the total regional public transport network. The cities between Hoek van Holland and Rotterdam can benefit much in such a public transport network. The capacity of the East-West metro can be better used and the rentability of the railway line will be improved. The average speed and the frequency can increase by a metrolike exploitation of the traject. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 884059.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- LUTJE SCHIPHOLT, L R
- Publication Date: 1994-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 175-86
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Investments; Networks; Operating costs; Public transit; Railroad stations; Railroad trains; Speed; Subways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications; Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 6997: Frequency; 227: Investment; 9048: Modification; 8078: Netherlands; 1054: Network (traffic); 221: Operating costs; 744: Public transport; 5408: Speed; 1095: Station (railway); 1268: Train; 1191: Underground railway
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00729539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM