ARE THE OPERATING COSTS OF THE TRAMWAY TOO HIGH?
EXPOLITATIEKOSTEN TRAM TE HOOG?
The operating costs of urban public transport, consisting of costs per kilometer, costs of personnel and costs of capacity, must be covered in the future for 50% by the income of the transport company. This report gives an insight into the highness of these costs and by which methods these costs can be influenced. The tram has the highest costs, the speed and the distance between the stops are comparable with the bus. As long as this situation is maintained, it is better to change the policy from tram into bus. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 884059.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- ERKENS, A
- WIGGENRAAD, PBL
- Publication Date: 1994-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 75-86
- TRT Terms: Bus stops; Buses; Conferences; Financing; Methodology; Numbers; Operating costs; Public transit; Speed; Subways; Trolley cars; Urban areas; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 1272: Bus; 8525: Conference; 244: Financing; 9102: Method; 9048: Modification; 8078: Netherlands; 6432: Number; 221: Operating costs; 744: Public transport; 5408: Speed; 1191: Underground railway; 313: Urban area; 1715: Vehicle occupant
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00729530
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 26 1996 12:00AM