REPORT ON DRIVER TRAINING AND LICENSING
The purpose of this report is to examine current approaches to training and licensing in the context of driver management, and to make recommendations for their enhancement. The term "driver" includes riders of motorcycles. The report contains a discussion of the safety of Queensland drivers in relation to their age, type of vehicle driven, and status in the licensing system. The various components of pre-licence driver training and education, licensing and post-licensing are then discussed. The report concludes with a discussion of on-road driver management issues which include enforcement.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/09091386
Queensland Parliament, AustraliaTravelSafe Committee, Parliament House, George Street
Brisbane, Queensland Australia 4000
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- Issue Number: 16
- TRT Terms: Age; Attitudes; Behavior; Driver licenses; Driver training; Driving tests; Evaluation and assessment; Law enforcement; Policy; Prevention; Recently qualified drivers; Safety; Schools
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 1661: Accident prevention; 1757: Age; 2267: Attitude (psychol); 8006: Australia; 9001: Behaviour; 1571: Driver training; 1550: Driving licence; 1573: Driving test; 1534: Enforcement (law); 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 173: Policy; 1782: Recently qualified driver; 101: School
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00729041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 12 1996 12:00AM