AN INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM FOR ATLANTA FOR THE 1996 OLYMPICS
The USDOT, FHWA, FTA, Georgia DOT and Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), and the private sector have joined together to sponsor and conduct a highway and public transportation ITS program with an objective to promote more efficient transportation and to demonstrate US transportation technology to the world during the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. This Technical Brief will first discuss the ITS and APTS concepts, and the resulting benefits these programs will bring to public transit. The extensive program for the application of ITS and APTS technology in Atlanta is then summarized.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE BRIEF: APTS
- Issue Number: 11
- Publisher: Federal Transit Administration
- TRT Terms: Advanced public transportation systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00728729
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM