GET ON BOARD FOR THE FUTURE WITH ALCATEL
This article gives a brief description of the SELTRAC(R) system. This system is a transmission based train control from the SEL Division of Alcatel Canada Inc. This systems uses continuous train-to-wayside communication techniques to extract maximum performance from the vehicle and the guideways. Continuous monitoring and control of all vehicles on the system allow instant online adjustment of the distance between trains. The essential control elements are structured into three levels; management, operation, and activation.
- Published in conjunction with the International Railway Congress Association (IRCA).
Kensington Publications Ltd111 Southwark Street
London SE1 0JF, England
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: p. 158
- WORLD RAILWAY EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY UPDATE 1995/96
- Publisher: Kensington Publications Ltd
- TRT Terms: Activation (Chemistry); Adjustment factors; Automatic train control; Continuous structures; Management; Monitoring; Passenger transportation; Transmissions
- Old TRIS Terms: Activation; Adjustments; Management control systems; Operations management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00728575
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1996 12:00AM