4TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM - SNOW REMOVAL AND ICE CONTROL TECHNOLOGY, RENO, NEVADA, AUGUST 11-16, 1996. PREPRINTS: VOLUME I AND VOLUME II
The objective of the 4th International Symposium on Snow Removal and Ice Control Technology is to provide a forum for the exchange of information about state-of-the-art research and technology applications to improve snow removal and ice control operations in transportation systems. The preprints contained in this document (Volume I and Volume II) were authored by maintenance engineers and researchers from Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The papers are grouped under the following headings: 1) policy and management, 2) infrastructure and snow control, 3) materials and applications, 4) equipment, 5) travel surface, 6) environment and health, 7) road weather information systems and forecasting, and 8) safety and visibility. The symposium was conducted by the Transportation Research Board Committee on Winter Maintenance in cooperation with the Nevada Department of Transportation, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, World Road Association - PIARC, and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Digital Copy:
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Deicing; Environmental impacts; Evaluation; Health hazards; Infrastructure; Management; Materials; Pavements; Policy; Research; Snow and ice control; Snow removal; Snowplows; State of the art studies; Surface course (Pavements); Technology; Traffic safety; Visibility; Weather forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement conditions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements; Policy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00731199
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM