CURVE SQUEAL NOISE BY TRAMS. PART 3. DYNAMIC OF THE BOGIE AND TRAM BODY
The curve squeal noise by trams is a tonal noise of high amplitude produced by the wheels when negotiating sharp curves. A theoretical model to predict the noise and study the influence of different mechanical parameters in the generation of noise is presented. This report presents the motion of the bogie and the tram body considered as multibody systems.
- Figures in this document may not be legible in microfiche. Also pub. as Technische Univ. Delft, Faculty of Technical Mathematics and Informatics rept. no. REPT-95-120. See also Part 2, PB96-208251 and Part 4, PB96-208277.
Delft University of TechnologyFaculty of Technical Mathematics and Informatics, 1 Berlageweg
2208 Delft, Netherlands
- Periard, F
- KALKER, J J
- Publication Date: 1995
- TRT Terms: Car trucks (Railroads); Car wheels (Railroads); Noise; Noise generators; Railroads; Steering; Trolley cars
- Subject Areas: Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00729002
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1996 12:00AM