THE WHEELSET AXLE, CALCULATION OF ITS FATIGUE STRENGTH?
DIER RADSATZWELLE-BERECHUNG AUF DAUERFESTIGKEIT?
In general, resistance to repeated stresses is taken into account in the design of axle journals. But the stresses on the axle are constantly being modified during running; the forces are therefore not constant, as assumed in the calculations, but a succession of efforts. It is absolutely impossible to know whereabouts in this success the points used for calculation occurs, both with regard to the intensity of the effort and the point in the stress cycle to which it corresponds. The authors draw some conclusions based on present progress in research into fatigue strength and results of measurements of the forces exerted between wheel and rail.
Hestra VerlagHolzhofallee 33, Postfach 4244
6100 Darmstadt 1, Germany
- Brinkmann, P
- Freytag, R
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 141-146
- Eisenbahntechnische Rundschau
- Volume: 25
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Hestra Verlag
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Car wheels (Railroads); Force; Journal boxes; Rail (Railroads); Stresses; Structural analysis; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle journal stresses; Axle loadings
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00139481
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM