REPORT OF THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRUCK SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THE AASHTO JOINT COMMITTEE ON DOMESTIC FREIGHT POLICY
This report documents the activities, products, and recommendations of the Subcommittee on Truck Size and Weight of the AASHTO Joint Committee on Domestic Freight Policy. The document highlights critical issues which the Subcommittee understands as important to the current debate on the size and weight of trucks, and important for AASHTO's decision-making in the freight transportation area. These recommendations encourage AASHTO to take further steps in finding answers to unresolved truck size and weight problems. The recommendations also call for AASHTO to take a lead in further investigating the basis for national policy on difficult issues such as freeze on longer combination vehicles (LCV), and the examination of nation-wide use of a new bridge formula.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1995-6
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Policy making; Tractor trailer combinations; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Vehicle size; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longer combination vehicles
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00728641
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1996 12:00AM