STATE BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION AND PEDESTRIAN WALKWAYS PLAN
This document focuses on the bicycle and pedestrian component of Washington's Transportation Plan. The table of contents includes: (1) Defining the State-Owned and the State-Interest Systems - action strategies, facilities, safety education and enforcement, promotion, intermodal connections, improvements; (2) Laws and Plans Supporting Nonmotorized Transportation - laws and plans; (3) Pedestrian and Bicycle Characteristics in Washington State - bicycle and pedestrian description, travel time and bicycle and pedestrian use, travel shed, obstacles, the National Bicycle and Walking Study; (4) Measuring the Service Objectives from Today to 2014 - facilities, safety education and enforcement, promotion, improvements, and intermodal connections; (5) Costs - historical expenditures, promotion, safety education and enforcement, funding future needs.
- This report is only part of the Washington's Transportation Plan. For the entire plan contact Washington State Department of Transportation, Washington's Transportation Plan, P.O. Box 47370, Olympia, WA 98504-7370. Phone 360/705-7952 or 1-800/822-2015.
Olympia, WA United States 98504-7370
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Costs; Facilities; Hazards; Intermodal transportation; Laws; Promotion; Regional planning; Safety education; States; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel time; Walkways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enforcement
- Geographic Terms: Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00728621
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 25 1996 12:00AM