POTENTIAL BIODIESEL USE IN THE NATION'S SCHOOL BUS FLEET
This report concerns potential biodiesel fuel use by school bus fleets. Its purpose is to review available information on the size of the bus fuel market, the factors affecting selection of fuels and the competitive position of biodiesel in that market. This report considers the legal and economic reasons why many school bus fleets are beginning to consider the use of alternative fuels, including those produced from non-petroleum sources which reduce harmful emissions, the competitive position of biodiesel fuels, tests now underway, and the potential school bus market for biodiesel.
- Work performed by Sparks Companies, Inc.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory1617 Cole Boulevard
Golden, CO United States 80401
- Publication Date: 1995-7
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Biodiesel fuels; Biomass fuels; Competition; Diesel fuels; Economics; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Fuels; Markets; School buses
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00728606
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1996 12:00AM