TRAVEL SURVEY MANUAL: APPENDICES
This Travel Survey Manual provides transportation planners with guidance for developing and implementing the most common types of travel surveys, including: household travel and activity surveys; vehicle intercept and external station surveys; transit onboard surveys; commercial vehicle surveys; workplace and establishment surveys; special generator, hotel, and visitor surveys; and parking surveys. The manual assumes that the user has recognized the need for newer or different disaggregate modeling data, that the need for survey research of some kind has been defined, and that the user has developed a detailed modeling plan and has a strong understanding of the data requirements for the anticipated models. This manual does not address transportation modeling explicitly. This volume contains the appendices to the manual.
- Record URL:
- This manual was prepared for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) as part of the Travel Model Improvement Program (TMIP). The TMIP is a cooperative effort of the U.S. Department of Transportation (including the FHWA, the Federal Transit Administration, and the Office of the Secretary), the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Department of Energy. The Travel Survey Manual (main report) is FHWA-PL-96-029.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Tierney, K
- Decker, S
- Proussaloglou, K
- Rossi, T
- Ruiter, E
- McGuckin, N
- Publication Date: 1996-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Alternatives analysis; Coding systems; Geographic information systems; Guidelines; Implementation; Management; Manuals; Precision; Quality control; Surveys; Travel surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Options; Survey methods
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00728502
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-96-030
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 27 1996 12:00AM