"THAT NO CALL FOR HELP GOES UNANSWERED"
The US Coast Guard's Automated Mutual-assistance Vessel Rescue (AMVER) system is a unique search and rescue tool, using modern computer and satellite technology to relay critical distress information to rescue authorities. The AMVER system is the only on encompassing the globe and can be used to save lives and protect mariners in any ocean around the world. This article explains how the system works in practise.
- Safety at Sea Intl, n 325, April 1996, p 38 [2 p, 2 fig]
- Logston, C
- Publication Date: 1996
- TRT Terms: Search and rescue operations
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00728212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 4 1996 12:00AM