FROM ROAD TO SEA?
This article examines the problems of ferry shipping and roro transport, including railway ferries. This essentially involves driver- accompanied transport of trucks and articulated vehicles over long distances, along with unaccompanied trailers. Also included is transport of containers and swop bodies on roll units and cassettes. This essentially involves "maritime combined transport".
- Schiff & Hafen, v 48 n 1, Jan 1996, p 15 [4 p, 7 fig]
- Blasius, W
- Publication Date: 1996
- TRT Terms: Ferries; Roll on roll off ships
- Non-Preferred Terms: Ro/ro ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00727500
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Maritime Technology
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 1 1996 12:00AM