MERMAID - MARINE ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS MODELING AND INFORMATION DISPLAY
Mermaid is a computer oriented ship design and fabrication system. This system can handle structural analysis, hull fairing, the various distributive systems and provide interference control between them. All the design data can be programmed into erection sequencing. The arrangement of data is in the logical sequence to do the job. A file management system, which is part of the program, permits the user to rearrange or redefine his data to best meet his needs, thus putting the data under control of the user, rather than the user under control of the computer.
McDonnell Douglas Astronautics Company5301 Bolsa Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA United States 92647
- Goodman, A F
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Information processing; Modernization; Planning; Production; Production control; Ships; Shipyards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034938
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: McDonnell Douglas Astronautics Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM