THE LOUISIANA AND ARKANSAS RAILWAY. THE STORY OF A REGIONAL LINE
The Louisiana & Arkansas Railway, known as "The Better Way", was established at the turn or the century and expanded over the years to connect New Orleans to Dallas. Well maintained and enduringly profitable, this regional railroad succeeded because of the tenacity of three men who consecutively oversaw all aspects of operations. In this first history of the L&A, the author traces its development from the early boom days of railroading to its dissolution in the modern era of takeovers.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0875802192
Northern Illinois University PressDeKalb, IL United States 60115-2854
- Fair, J R
- Publication Date: 1997
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: History; Regional transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Louisiana & arkansas railroad; Regional rail lines
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00732203
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0875802192
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 10 1997 12:00AM