USE OF RECYCLED MATERIALS AND RECYCLED PRODUCTS IN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION
The objective of the project was to develop both short term and long term implementation plans for the use of waste and recycled materials (WRMs) by MHD and others involved in highway construction. The purpose of the Short Term Implementation Plan was to identify WRMs successfully used or being used in other states that can be put to almost immediate use in Massachusetts. The purpose of the Long Term Implementation Plan was to identify WRMs that were considered not suitable for short term implementation but have the potential to be used pending an assessment of necessary performance information.
- Report of Research was conducted for the Executive Office of Transportation and Construction and the Massachusetts Highway Department and was funded by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs and the Department of Environmental Protection.
University of Massachusetts, AmherstTransportation Center, 130 Natural Resources Road
Amherst, MA United States 01003
- DeGroot, D J
- Shelburne, W M
- Switzenbaum, M S
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Compost; Plastics; Portland cement concrete; Recycled materials; Recycling; Road construction; Solid wastes; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scrap tires
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00732201
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTC-95-1, Final Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 5 1997 12:00AM