THE STATE GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION ACTIVITIES COMPENDIUM
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are high-tech mapping tools that allow local, regional and state planners to manipulate land-area data. This publication addresses GIS program management and includes: information on GIS programs by state; directory of GIS officials; tables that examine statewide goals, intergovernmental relations and policies and annotated bibliographies of state documents.
Council of State GovernmentsIron Works Pike
Lexington, KY United States 40505
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 616 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Geographic information systems; Intergovernmental relations; Local government; Mapping; Planning; Real estate development; Regional planning
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00732130
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C002-9100
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 13 1997 12:00AM