OVERVIEW AND UPDATE OF ITS SYSTEM DEVELOPMENTS
This publication addresses technologies and concepts that are vehicle based and have the potential to make very substantial improvements in highway system productivity, capacity, and safety by overcoming inherent limitations in driver capabilities. Development of these enabling technologies is needed to bring Advanced Vehicle Control Systems (AVCS) and Automated Highway Systems (AHS) forward to deployment. Complete contents include: Convoying Using a Radar Reflective Patch; Traffic Condition Monitor by Laser Radar; A Multi-Level Automotive Speed Control; Development and Evaluation of a Car Navigation System Providing a Bird's-Eye View Map Display; Adaptive Cruise Control System Aspects and Development Trends; and Longitudinal Autonomous Vehicle Control Utilizing Access to Electronic Throttle Control, Automatic Transmission and Brakes.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560917733
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Advanced vehicle control systems; Advanced vehicle control systems; Automated vehicle control; Driving; Longitudinal control; Speed control; Traffic control devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concept vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Speed control devices
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00732061
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1560917733
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP-1143
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1997 12:00AM