TRAFFIC CIRCULATION STUDY AND LONG-RANGE PLAN FOR DEL RIO
This report presents a 25-year traffic circulation plan for the City of Del Rio, Texas. The plan includes recommendations for increasing roadway capacity, adding left-turn lanes, building new routes to relieve congestion, and adding international thoroughfares. It also includes a comprehensive analysis of a transborder traffic in Del Rio, as well as of international thoroughfares between Cuidad Acuna and Del Rio. The recommendations take into account input from TxDOT personnel, city officials, border inspectors, international bridge managers, and several Mexican officials. The recommendations and schedules in this report can assist TxDot not only in planning land transport infrastructure, but also alleviating problems associated with additional highway capacity, pavement rehabilitation, signalization, and right-of-way.
- Also pub. as Texas Univ. at Austin, Center for Transportation Research rept. no. RR-2940-2. Sponsored by Texas Dept. of Transportation, Austin, Office of Research and Technology Transfer.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
- Weissmann, A J
- Islam, R
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Capacity restraint; Highway capacity; Highway planning; Improvements; Infrastructure; International borders; International trade; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road improvements; Transborder traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Security and Emergencies; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00731946
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CTR-7-2940-2,, TX-96-2940-2
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 5 1997 12:00AM