DESIGN AND CONTROL OF FREEWAY OFF-RAMP TERMINALS
This report presents the results of a comprehensive review and assessment of design and operating practices used at freeway exit-ramp terminals, especially terminals with surface streets. Information is presented on such matters as compatibility of design elements, traffic control device applications, impact of access to adjacent development, accommodation of pedestrians and bicycles within the interchange area, safety, capacity, wrong-way movements, and provisions for public transportation vehicles. Research needs are pointed out.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/05475570
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1976
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 35
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Access; Bicycles; Design methods; Freeways; Highway capacity; Intermodal terminals; Off ramps; Pedestrians; Public transit; Ramps (Interchanges); Traffic control devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway capacity; Freeway entrances and exits; Freeway ramps
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139219
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 4 1981 12:00AM