TRAFFIC CALMING - A GUIDE TO STREET SHARING
Traffic calming should be an essential part of each authorities' work, as it can have a significant effect on people's lives. If done well with aesthetically pleasing treatments, the street environment is enhanced while the traffic becomes a partner rather than the dominant party in the neighborhood. All people can move more freely and safely around their neighborhood. More children will grow up to be adults, with fewer scars, and others will live longer and more fruitful lives in a more pleasant environment. Traffic calming is a negative reaction to a problem caused by bad planning/zoning and/or street design. We need to be proactive in our approach and learn from the past and from others.
Genesis Group, Incorporated8350 Baymeadows Road, Suite 16
Jacksonville, FL United States 32256
- Wallwork, M J
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway design; Local transportation; Neighborhoods; Speed control; Streets; Traffic; Traffic control devices; Traffic diversion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Street design
- Old TRIS Terms: Local traffic; Speed control devices
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00730973
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM