MOTORIST UNDERSTANDING OF TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES IN KANSAS
This assessment was accomplished through a review of previous research efforts and by conducting a survey of over 500 Kansas motorists. 43 signs and pavement markings were evaluated in the survey of Kansas motorists. These traffic control devices consisted of 25 warning signs, 13 regulatory signs, and 5 longitudinal pavement markings. Two self-administered questionnaire-type survey instruments were used in this study. The primary instrument consisted of 43 questions with multiple choice responses. The primary instrument consisted of 43 questions with multiple choice responses. The second survey instrument was a self-administered open-ended questionnaire that required the respondents to record their own explanation of the meaning of each sign.
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Kansas Dept. of Transportation, Topeka.
Kansas State University, ManhattanDepartment of Civil Engineering, Fiedler Hall
Manhattan, KS United States 66506
- Stokes, R W
- Rys, M J
- Russell, E R
- Kerbs, J
- Publication Date: 1995-3
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Road markings; Traffic control devices; Warning signs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00730712
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: K-TRAN-KSU-94-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM