OCCUPANT PROTECTION STUDY (PHASE 2). BOWRIDER BACKREST HEIGHT VARIABLES: AN EXPERIMENTAL AND SIMULATION STUDY
Data gathered during this research included bowrider backrest height variables, designs and principles of movement transition intended for boat handholds and boarding ladders, and lateral boat accelerations during turns at bow seat versus stern seat locations. Results of the studies and experiments provide groundwork for possible voluntary industry standards development and possible development of Federal regulations. Areas for further study were identified.
- Prepared in cooperation with Miller (J.M.) Engineering, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI. Sponsored by Coast Guard, Washington, DC.
American Boat and Yacht CouncilEdgewater, MD United States 21037
- Miller, J M
- Grieser, B C
- Clark, D R
- Publication Date: 1996-7
- Pagination: 219 p.
- TRT Terms: Boating; Boats; Design; Occupant protection devices; Recreational vehicles; Seat backs; Seats; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupant protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Seat design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00730701
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM