ENSURE RUSSIA'S MARKET REFORMS AND DEMOCRACY SUCCEED: MOVE AND PROCESS CONSUMER GOODS
Russia is experiencing significant political changes that will continue to affect the United States and the world. Many of the changes have adversely affected the standard of living for the Russian people. They are experiencing high inflation, shortages of food, and possible job losses. This study looks at the Russian transportation system as being a significant cause of the food shortages. The information was obtained from current news publications, US Government publications, encyclopedia data, regional strategic appraisal course work, and historical references. The research indicates that Russia produces sufficient food to feed the country. The problem is the amount lost in transportation from producer to consumer.
U.S. Army War CollegeCarlisle Barracks
Carlisle, PA United States 17013
- Studer, L J
- Publication Date: 1996-4-15
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Food industry; Market development; Needs assessment; Shipping; Socioeconomic factors; Standard of living; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Consumer goods; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Food shipping
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00730690
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM