NATIONAL SHORT LINE RAILROAD DATABASE PROJECT, 1995-1996: A REPORT TO THE FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION
The objective of the project was to create a central database containing information representing the American short line railroad industry. In the report, processes involved with obtaining, developing, and maintaining the information in the database are discussed. Several data analysis procedures used to help ensure the integrity of the data are addressed. The second annual American Short Line Railroad Association Data Profile for the 1994 Calendar year is also presented in the paper. Further information extracted and comparisons made during the analysis process are described in detail. Discussions on the development of the paper survey and an electronic survey for the third annual data profile for the 1995 calendar year are also presented. The design and implementation of the electronic survey software package are reviewed in detail. The final process presented is the distribution and collection of the 1995 electronic and paper surveys.
- Prepared in cooperation with North Dakota State Univ., Fargo, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute. Sponsored by Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers Program.
P.O. Box 6050, Department 2880
Fargo, ND United States 58108-6050
Department of TransportationUniversity Transportation Centers Program, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Benson, D
- Byberg, T
- Publication Date: 1996-6-30
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Data collection; Electronic equipment; Mathematical analysis; Short line railroads; Software
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00730683
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MPC-96-63
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM