MARVEL: A PC-BASED INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR LIFE-CYCLE EVALUATIONS OF HYBRID/ELECTRIC VEHICLES
As a life-cycle analysis tool, MARVEL has been developed for the evaluation of hybrid/electric vehicle systems. It can identify the optimal combination of battery and heat engine characteristics for different vehicle types and performance requirements, on the basis of either life-cycle cost or fuel efficiency. Battery models that allow trade-offs between specific power and specific energy, between cycle life and depth of discharge, between peak power and depth of discharge, and between other parameters, are included on the software. A parallel hybrid configuration, using an internal combustion engine and a battery as the power sources, can be simulated with a user-specified energy management strategy. The PC-based software package can also be used for cost or fuel efficiency comparisons among conventional, electric, and hybrid vehicles.
Argonne National Laboratory9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL United States 60439
- MARR, W W
- He, Jianxun
- Publication Date: 1995-7
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Fuel conservation; Hybrid automobiles; Hybrid vehicles; Life cycle analysis; Life cycle costing; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy management
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00730648
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANL-ES-CP-87322,, CONF-9510282-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM