SAFETY BELT USAGE SURVEY AND EVALUATION OF EFFECTIVENESS IN KENTUCKY, 1995
The objective of the study was to establish 1995 safety belt and child safety seat usage rates in Kentucky. The 1995 survey documents the continuing results from enacting a statewide mandatory safety belt law in 1994. Data were collected at 100 sites and combined based on vehicle miles travelled for a given type of highway, rural or urban location, and county population category. Also included in the report is an analysis of accident records evaluating the effectiveness of safety belts.
- Record URL:
- See also PB95-253076. Sponsored by Kentucky State Police, Frankfort, Highway Safety Standards Branch.
University of Kentucky, LexingtonKentucky Transportation Center
College of Engineering, 176 Raymond Building
Lexington, KY United States 40506-0281
- Agent, K R
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Child restraint systems; Crash records; Laws; Manual safety belts; Measures of effectiveness; Seat belts
- Non-Preferred Terms: Seat belt usage; Seatbelt usage; Seatbelt use
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00730634
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: KTC-95-20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1997 12:00AM